No Style is set in stone and things will happen while they can (I actually stole this last one from my favorite jam, Big in Japan)!
If you know my drawing style, you’ll immediately see a huge difference compared to these new drawings: the use of color!!! I’m not talking about a touch of color here and there; I’m talking color as in the background is no longer white, the clothing is colored, and we have some exotic flowers!!!!! And the super exciting news about it, is that I’m super happy about this change! Like no stressed at all!
I thank my transformation to: 1) My move to Kigali (So cliché but yeah, it’s colorful! The flowers are insane!!! It’s like the colors are HD and soo beautiful)
2) My mum’s colorful wardrobe (Seriously I have to take an aspirin before opening her closet)
3) Working on a super cool creative project that made me explore colors and how they work together.
4) Working on aligning my chakras (Well in my case, I only have to stare at some colored circles on a body diagram, that’s all I know about chakras sorry).
5) My love for flowers. I know Georgia O’Keeffe hated flowers and that’s why she painted them, but I love flowers and that’s why I draw them.
6) The blog “black girl in om”. ( Om as in Om namah shivaya)
Of course I was confused at first, was i slowly becoming a maximalist? I sought advice from the woman behind The private life of a girl, one of the super cool minimalist bloggers I know and she made me realize that minimalism is so much more than just white walls, green plants and capsule wardrobes! So yeah, I went for it and I enjoyed every bit of the time I was drawing.
Will I get back to my white background and minimal color? Yeah, definitely, but I have so much more to offer in my style now!