Primal human beings survival technique is being part of a group. Anything (appearance, behavior…) that challenges that ability is perceived immediately as a threat in any society thus leading to criticism and judgement.
Despite that we no longer live in caves, it still takes an open mind to hold itself from judging anything it doesn’t comprehend.
It is crazy the insane amount of time and energy, we people spend talking, judging criticizing others about insignificant stuff.
If you are the type that naturally doesn’t fit or doesn’t necessarily blend in, it can become quite a hurdle to live your best life. But you are who you are, and there is a reason you were created that way.
I believe misfits are guides. You are the ones who guide us through new ways of thinking and living just by being yourself and living your life.
Still, for every day’s life, here are a few helpful reminders to self when confronted with any random destructive remark/comment that’s not easy to brush off:
- Whatever they say has nothing to do with you and everything to do with them.
- You can’t stop people from judging but you can stop yourself from falling into their hate trap. Release the hard feelings and let it go.
- If people are judging you about your insecurities, know that it is a blessing in disguise.
- You don’t need people to accept you, you have to accept yourself first.
- You don’t have to convince people about anything, you don’t owe them an explanation.
- Physical appearance, height and complexion matter 1% for success. 99% is still hard work and passion. Do not worry about what people say.
- Own your shit. It can inspire someone else to do the same and thus creating a positive ripple effect.
- You don’t have to stay. You’re allowed to leave a table where love is no longer served.
- Remember that people judge when they’re unhappy in their own lives. Forgive them for your own good and move on with your life.
- Your life path is unique. It is your uniqueness that will lead you to your purpose.